Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
Gorilla trekking in Rwanda is the most popular activity in Rwanda tourism, particularly safaris to the national parks, whereby the Volcanoes National Park visit is the popular tour activity in the country of “a Thousand Hills“. The park is located in the northern part of Rwanda and is home to over 400 mountain gorillas. These gorillas are considered endangered, and gorilla trekking offers visitors a unique opportunity to see them up close in their natural habitat.
Gorilla trekking is an opportunity to witness one of the most endangered species in their natural habitat and learn more about conservation efforts. With careful planning, you can ensure that your gorilla trekking adventure in Rwanda is safe, enjoyable, and unforgettable. Book your permit today and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!
To go gorilla trekking in Rwanda, you will need to obtain a permit in advance. The permits are issued by the Rwanda Development Board (RDB), and it is advisable to book them several months in advance to avoid disappointment. The cost of a permit is currently $1,500 per person.
On the day of the trek, you will meet with your guide and head into the park. The treks can vary in length and difficulty, depending on the location of the mountain gorillas. You will be accompanied by park rangers who will help you navigate the terrain and ensure your safety.
Once you find the gorillas, you will have a chance to observe them for one hour while following strict rules to minimize any negative impact on the animals. During this time, you can take photos and learn more about the gorillas from your guide.
Overall, gorilla trekking in Rwanda is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that offers a unique opportunity to get up close with these incredible animals in their natural habitat.
Discover the Ultimate Adventure: Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda
Rwanda gorilla trekking is an adventure of a lifetime that attracts visitors from all around the world. Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park is one of the best places to witness mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. In this article, we’ll provide you with all the essential information you need to know before embarking on your gorilla trekking adventure in Rwanda.
Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda: What You Need to Know
- Permits: It’s advisable to book your permit several months in advance to secure your spot and the cost for gorilla trekking permit $1,500 per person per trek.
- Location: The Volcanoes National Park is located in the northern part of Rwanda and is home to over 300 mountain gorillas.
- Trekking: The treks can vary in length and difficulty depending on the location of the gorillas. You’ll be accompanied by park rangers who will help you navigate the terrain and ensure your safety.
- Rules and Regulations: During your one hour with the gorillas, you need to follow strict rules to minimize any negative impact on the animals. These rules include maintaining a distance of at least seven meters, not using flash photography, and not eating or drinking near the gorillas.
What to Expect During Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda
- The Trek: Rwanda Gorilla trekking involves a hike through dense forest and rugged terrain. The treks can be physically demanding, so it’s important to be in good physical shape.
- The Encounter: When you encounter the gorillas, you’ll have a chance to observe them in their natural habitat. You’ll be amazed by their sheer size, intelligence, and social behavior. Your guide will provide you with insights into the gorillas’ behavior, habitat, and conservation efforts.
- The Memories: Gorilla trekking in Rwanda is an experience that you’ll never forget. It’s an opportunity to witness one of the most magnificent creatures on the planet up close and personal. You’ll leave Rwanda with memories that will last a lifetime.
Rwanda gorilla trekking is a unique adventure that is not to be missed.